F1 Supa Fat – A modern high energy supplement for dairy cows
A Boost for Cow Performance
Introducing F1 Supa Fat, a high performance energy supplement for dairy cows. F1 Supa Fat helps to maintain cow condition, and in turn the longevity of animals. Less culling, udder and foot problems.
Supa Fat provides balanced fat supplementation to optimise milk yield and composition, while promoting better herd health and fertility. Suited to all stages of lactation, Supa Fat is the ideal fat supplement to boost energy when cows are managed as a single milking group. It is the balanced replacement for calcium soaps and hydrogenated fats.
Supa Fat is a precisely formulated blend of essential fatty acids derived from highly digestible oils. It contains the optimum ratio of C18:1 and C16:0 fatty acids, along with glycerine and is a highly palatable free ﬂowing meal.
F1 Supa Fat will improve the appetite response of dairy cows. Studies have shown that a 0.5Kg feed rate can raise milk yields by up to 2 litres per cow after just ten days!
Reducing N.E.B. (negative energy balance) in early lactation also has been shown to improve conception rates. Cows that have been fed F1 Supa Fat have exhibited stronger bulling, and higher conception rates to the first service. This can increase the efficiency of a herd, as cows will be served earlier, and less semen straws have to be used.
F1 Supa Fat has been shown to improve yields of butterfat and protein, even in high-yielding animals.
Increased Milk Yields
Because of the high palatability of F1 Supa Fat combined with the dryness of the product, expect the appetite response to be high, allowing for increased intakes, excellent feed conversion rates and increased milk yields, up to 2 litres per day after only 10 days!
Increased Milk Quality
F1 Supa Fat contains an even balance of C16 & C18 fatty acids. This explains why feeding F1 Supa Fat has been shown to improve yields of butterfat and protein, even in high-yielding animals!
Reducing N.E.B. (negative energy balance) in early lactation has been shown to improve conception rates. Cows fed F1 Supa Fat have exhibited stronger bulling and higher conception rates to the first service. (See also: F1 Elevator)
Rich in C18 & C16 Fatty Acids
F1 Supa Fat is based on Refined Palm Fat, rich in C16 & C18 fatty acids, in a Palm Expeller & Molassed Sugar Beet Pulp carrier.
The Key Benefits of Feeding F1 Supa Fat
There are many benefits to feeding F1 Supa Fat in your ration:
- Increases overall diet digestibility to maximise energy supply
- Maximises fat digestibility
- Supplies essential fatty acids C18:2, C18:3 plus C16:0 and C18:1
- Supplies glucose direct to the liver
- Improves liver function by reducing the risk of fatty livers
- Provides glycerine to boost the utilisation of fatty acids in the diet
The Key Features of F1 Supa Fat
F1 Supa Fat is an excellent choice for anyone trying to increase yields and milk quality whilst also aiding fertility response.
- Based on refined Palm Fat rich in C16 & C18 fatty acids
- High energy Palm Expeller and Molassed Sugar Beet Pulp carrier base
- Dry formula enables efficient mixing
- Weather-proof bags
- Aromatic & palatable
The Function of F1 Supa Fat
F1 Supa Fat will help to maintain cow condition, and in turn the longevity and productivity of the cows’ life. Improved conditioning means less culling, udder problems and foot problems!
Cows that have been fed F1 Supa Fat have exhibited stronger bulling, and higher conception rates to the first service. This can increase the efficiency of a herd, as cows will be served earlier, and less semen straws have to be used. (See also: F1 Elevator)
- F1 Supa Fat is not a calcium soap so there is much less risk of milk fever if fed to dry cows.
- Feeding F1 Supa Fat is a simple and effective technique for improving ration energy density.
- The attractive aroma enhances the palatability of F1 Supa Fat, improving overall ration/TMR intakes.
- Increased ration energy density and improved ration intakes ensure that fresh-calved dairy cows come into milk quickly and maintain a higher yield throughout their lactation!
- F1 Supa Fat helps to retain body condition by reducing the cows’ need to mobilise its own body fat.
Feeding High Density TMRs
Post calved cows need to be offered a very palatable, high-density ration. The graph opposite shows that the output increases as diet density increases.
The key point is that as the diet density increases we get extra performance from extra intake, low density diets will reverse the benefit.
F1 Supa Fat is exceptional in this respect because it is able to provide an active appetite stimulus where most other fats do not.
The Partition Of Nutrients
This sounds complex but it’s just the nutritionist’s way of explaining what the animal does with its food!
Every animal prioritises its use of feedstuffs according to the main pathways:
- Production (Milk)
- Growth (Liveweight Gain)
When F1 Supa Fat is added to the ration the response varies according to the stage of lactation.
- Early Lactation = More Yield
- Mid Lactation = More Fat & Protein
- Late Lactation = More Conditioning Recovery & Foetal Growth
This simple principle allows you to work out what your main response is likely to be based on the average stage of lactation of the herd or feeding group.
F1 Supa Fat can be top-dressed or mixed into a TMR.
We recommend that you target Supa Fat between 0.35 and 0.5Kg per cow per day. Supa Fat gives the full palatability response at 2% of Dry Matter Intake. So targetting at 0.5Kg will give the desired effect. At this level the F1 Supa Fat will supply enough energy for more than 2.5 litres of milk.
|Average Days in Milk
|F1 Supa Fat/Cow/Day
|0 – 100
|100 – 150
|150 – 200
|Check cow condition